What we offer
The infection control inspection offers an in-depth review of the home’s infection control systems and status. The inspection includes:
- A review of the environmental health inspections, corrective actions and ongoing quality assurance checks
- The pest prevention strategy and management review
- Hand washing observations and questionnaire
- Cleaning product check, stock review, including ordering system, cleaning schedule and training regime
- Infection control quality assurance systems
- Feedback from staff, residents and families
- A visual inspection of the premises
The infection inspection includes a final report which can be used to demonstrate ability in a CQC, CHC or local authority inspection. The report includes a rating system on safety, with recommendations and action points.
It is care homes’s decision whether or not to undertake the recommendations. The Leicestershire Training Team doesn’t undertake the corrective work but is able to support with the improvements through the Pay Per Hour package or the Ongoing Support package.